College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
Along with junk removal and full service local moving, College Hunks also offer labor services, storage solutions, donation pickups, real estate and property management assistance and more. We are an established, award-winning, eco-friendly business with incredibly rapid growth. Learn more about the costs, benefits, and available locations today!
College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts for 2020
|Minimum Cash Required||$50,000|
|Total Investment||$87,300 – $208,200|
Available In These States:
Not Available In These States:
- United States
College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving - Franchise Information
College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving is more than a franchise opportunity with an impressive financial upside. Although individual franchise locations are experiencing record revenues, in fact, we’ve seen 500% systemwide growth since 2013 we’re extremely proud that our net promoter score (customer satisfaction) ranks higher than household brands like Costco, Nordstrom, Amazon and Apple!
College Hunks continues to receive awards and recognition as well as national exposure in various media outlets, including The New York Times, Oprah, CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, to name a few.
Anyone who comes to the World Headquarters in beautiful Tampa Florida can’t help but feel impressed with the facility, but it’s really the employees and culture that make us special. From the Sales Loyalty Center that books the jobs for our owners to the Performance Team that provides the training, guidance and support or our vaunted Marketing Team, our franchise staff is second to none!
Our organization uses four core values to guide decision-making, culture and growth at the corporate level and on the local level with our Franchise Partners (franchise owners):
- Building Leaders
- Always Branding
- Create a Fun, Enthusiastic Team Environment
- Listen, Fulfill and Delight!
College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving is in two recession-resistant and automation-resistant businesses:
- Junk Removal - Helping people throw away or donate the stuff they don’t want
- Moving - Helping people move the stuff they do want.
Think about it, appliances like refrigerators and ovens have a built in obsolesce so they wear out or look dated. Every few years, people’s tastes change and updating the look often involves purchasing new furniture and accessories. According to current data, the average person moves 11.4 times in their life and moving is one of the top 20 stresses people face in life. College Hunks is a full-service, one-stop shop for all moving and junk removal needs, our synergistic approach allows greater cross-selling and bundling, to create a 100% stress-free experience for our clients and greater revenue opportunities for our franchisees.
We also provide the peace of mind that comes with knowing those possessions will be given a second life or recycled in the most environmentally way possible; as we do with 60% of everything we haul.
Customers like knowing that many of their discarded possessions will be given a second life or recycled in the most environmentally way possible. We donate or recycle 60-70% of everything we haul.
New owners spend 2 weeks onboarding/pre-training, 2-3 days at an existing location and 5 days in Tampa prior to opening. Our world-class Franchise Performance Team (support) dispatches staff to the new owner’s location to ensure new Franchise Partners (owners) get off to the best possible start! After launch we continue providing tremendous support for the future of the franchise to maximize revenues and profitability!
Our Sales Loyalty Center (national call center) and inside sales team will handle a large portion of the foot work on your behalf by fielding calls, booking jobs and sending them to you. In a single day in May, our SLC booked over 1300 jobs for our owners!
Marketing, Advertising and Operations support are areas in which the franchisee and their team members will receive ongoing training, support and guidance from the College Hunks support and leadership teams.
Features of the business
- Low Investment
- 2 businesses for one franchise fee (Moving and Junk Removal)
- Multiple revenue streams
- 6-8 part time Employees to start with
- B2B and B2C component
- Eco-friendly and green business
- Strong brand name with national recognition
- Small industrial type office space
Having fun is one of our core values!
After all, we are a collegiate-themed company with a sense of humor. Furthermore, most of a franchisee’s employees are youthful, college-aged workers who naturally have a zest for life. While helping to develop them into future leaders, they can, in turn, help you to stay positive, energetic and youthful throughout your workday. In this regard, it is a mutually beneficial relationship between owner and employee.
Competitive advantage of the service $30M + is the value of the national media exposure that our franchisees have New franchisees will benefit from a POWERFUL BRAND that has received many awards as well as national exposure in various media outlets, including The New York Times, Oprah, CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, to name a few.
The reason for all of the media attention is that we stand out as clean-cut, trustworthy, collegiate haulers and movers with a mission to “Move the World” that goes well above and beyond the standards historically set in an industry plagued by unsavory or less-than-satisfactory service.
In addition, we are the ONLY combined junk-removal and moving franchise opportunity. No other franchise competitor offers both services. We offer TWO powerful brands for one franchise fee and both of those brands are taking off on a national level.
We have a lot to offer:
- Net Promoter Score higher than Amazon, Apple, Costco, Nordstrom and South West Airlines
- The average franchisee gross revenue in 2017 was $946,319
- College Hunks has over $30M in media exposure with appearance on Shark Tank, Blue Collar Millionaire, NY Times, CNN,
- Fox News, MSNBC and more….
- In-House Call Center. Our Sales Loyalty Center boasts 130-140 employees that book jobs for 111 franchise locations with call volume between 20,000 – 40,000 calls per month
- Performance Team provides training and support to franchisees including site visits to ensure owners are reaching their goals and maximizing their profits
- The best training in franchising. 10-12 week ramp up includes 150-point checklist, weekly calls, one week at Corporate HQ for training and 3 days on-site with high performing franchise location
- 2 Franchises in 1! Junk Removal and Moving are two, complimentary profit centers for 1 fee
- Franchise fee only $50,000 (with $100K working capital)
- Inc: Fastest Growing Companies in America
- Forbes: Top Franchises to buy from Shark Tank
- Franchise Times: Best Franchise to Buy
- Franchise Business Review: 2018 Best Franchises to Buy
- Franchise Business Review: 2018 Top Innovative Franchise
- College Hunks was awarded the #1 franchise opportunity for military veterans as voted by both Entrepreneur Magazine as well as The Franchise Business Review
- Entrepreneur Magazine: We were just ranked #143 on the Entrepreneur Franchise 500 overall. That puts us in the Top 3% of all franchise opportunities with over 4,000 available in the US at this time. Entrepreneur Magazine ranks companies annually based on 150 data points including startup costs, systemwide growth, franchisee support, brand strength and financial growth and stability.
- Entrepreneur Magazine: We are ranked #1 in the Moving and Junk Removal category!
- Fran Compare: 2018 Best Hauling and Junk Removal Franchise
- International Franchise Association: Franchising Gives Back Award 2018
- Tinypulse: College Hunks has been voted “Happiest Place to Work”
- Franchisees benefit from National Accounts and Strategic Partnerships
- Perfect Score with Small Business Administration (no defaults on our SBA loans) which means access to fast funding for the credit qualified and the special “M5 Loan” for Military Veterans makes business ownership fast and easy!
- College Hunks believes so strongly in our ability to produce that we offer a Performance Refund for any franchisees unable to reach gross sales benchmarks within 18 months and have complied with the system
- New franchisees that purchase a new territory qualify for a Marketing Incentive of $5,000 when reaching specific revenue benchmarks
- We donate 2 meals for every junk and move job that we do to a charity called, “Feeding Children Everywhere” and encourage our owners to get involved in local charities and become pillars in their communities
60-70% of the “junk” we pick up is donated or recycled, giving it a second life
- College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving is more than just a fun, catchy name. H.U.N.K.S stands for Honest, Uniformed, Nice, Knowledgeable, Service
- College Hunks adheres to 4 core values that guides every decision as to whom we hire as well as who we invite to join our family of franchise owners.
- Always Branding
- Building Leaders
- Creating a Fun, Enthusiastic Team Environment
- Listen, Fulfill and Delight!
- Moving is one of the top 5 stresses in people’s lives and for that reason, we take a totally “stress-free” approach with our clients. We also apply the “stress-free” to our franchise candidates
"One of the things that sets us apart is our labor force. It’s professional. young, enthusiastic and trained. We are employing future leaders at College Hunks. It really sets us apart from our competitors." Gary Bussard, St. Louis, MO
"When you have an environment where people enjoy working, you build a great culture that gives a team a focus. Throughout my career I developed a lot of assistants who became store managers, and the chance to keep helping people get to a higher level was very appealing. My title is the ‘Director of WOW and Amaze,’ and if I WOW and amaze my Hunks, they WOW and amaze my clients." Steven Roper, Raleigh, NC
"By becoming an owner of this franchise I can provide a service that my competitors aren’t capable of or willing to do. Plus, just the name itself is a conversation piece." Carl Carter, Jackson, MS
College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving Video(s)