Mr. Handyman - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
Mr. Handyman is a leader in home improvements that also helps seniors to stay in their home rather than move to an assisted living facility. Why compete with senior care franchises if you can enter an untapped market. Financing assistance available to qualified buyers.
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts for 2019
|Minimum Cash Required||$50,000|
|Total Investment||$111,500 – $143,100|
|# of Existing Units||215|
|Training & Support||Yes|
|Home Office Location||Ann Arbor, MI|
Available In These States:
Not Available In These States:
Mr. Handyman - Franchise Information
Tapping in to the Seniors Market
With the rapidly expanding senior population, it's no surprise the senior care service industry is booming. Who wouldn't want to get in on that kind of market share? Volume alone could keep you in business indefinitely.
Why compete with the senior care franchises if you can start a business in a virtually untapped market?
Fortunately, there is a very specific space carved out for the home services industry within the seniors market. It's called Aging-In-Place, and it gives senior citizens a real alternative option when it comes to where they will live out their golden years.
- Ramp installation
- Reinforced handrails
- 5-foot by 5-foot turning space
- Non-slip floors
- Cabinetry alteration
- Levered door hardware
- Adjustable closet rods and shelves
- Proprietary System: Our unique business model is designed for improving overall profitability and sustainability, including state of the art software to streamline operations.
- Comprehensive ongoing training and support: Our Sure Start training helps prepare you for many aspects of operations including how to manage your finances. A dedicated Franchise Consultant will coach you for your first year.
- Registered trademarks and a designated territory: We make sure you are protected.
- Marketing, marketing, and more marketing: Superior marketing strategies and support offered through a 4-Pillar Marketing System:
1. Web: Leading web presence, national and customizable website, bold online social media presence, SEO optimization, and reputation management
2. Media: National and local media coverage and PR, consistent advertising
3. Engagement: An online software system to receive client feedback and ensure their satisfaction, a referral program to increase a word-of-mouth advertising, automated personalized in-home service reminders and marketing pieces, back marketing email drip campaigns
4. Continuous innovation: The Mr. Handyman marketing team keeps ahead of trends and is always looking and learning new ways to keep the Mr. Handyman brand the most recognized handyman brand in the business.
- Nationwide networking support: You'll have over 120 fellow Mr. Handyman franchisees to consult with, PLUS the opportunity to meet up at Regional and National Conferences. That's a LOT of people to "talk shop" with.
- Vendor Discounts: Cut your expenses with ProTradeNet, a program offering preferred discounts through membership that includes annual rebates.
- Wide Open territory available – Start your business most anywhere
- Home office for easy start up and low overhead
- Our history becomes your history - 20 years of high-quality work and customer satisfaction - started franchising in 2000
- Family friendly hours -- no nights or weekends
- Handyman experience is NOT necessary
- Part of the Neighborly family of brands -- our experience and resources are immense
"Owning a Mr. Handyman has provided me the life I always wanted. Besides fixing people's houses it has given me the opportunity to change people's lives." Rob Carpenter, Mr. Handyman franchisee, North and West Central Maryland
"You have the financial ability to own your own company and create the financial atmosphere that you want for you and your family." Joann McCabe, Mr. Handyman franchisee, Northern Virginia-Arlington to Haymarket
"The best reason for owning a Mr. Handyman business is that you're building a business that has your own stamp, your own personality." Skip Wyatt, Upper Fairfield County, CT
Military & Veteran Promotions
Veterans can also receive special support from our franchise organization. We offer the VetFran Incentive to qualified honorably discharged veterans. This incentive provides a 15% veteran discount on the minimum initial franchise fee. G.I. Jobs magazine has listed us among its Military Friendly Franchises ® , and the Military Times has recognized us as a Best for Vets ® franchise.