Griswold Home Care - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
Griswold is not only one of the first companies in the United States to offer in-home care to seniors and other adults with disabilities, illnesses, or injuries; we are the gold standard when it comes to delivering what care should be. We believe care can be a life-changing, compassionate experience for families in need. Learn more now!
Griswold Home Care
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts for 2021
Available In These States:
Griswold Home Care - Franchise Information
Why Own a Mission-Driven Franchise Like Griswold Home Care?
If our purpose resonates with you, then you should consider our franchise opportunity: “We give people the help they need to live in the place they love.”
- Griswold Home Care is a pioneer in the home care industry, starting in 1982, and we continue to set the standard for care and compassion.
- The Family Caregiver Alliance reports the number of people who will need long-term care in 2050 will be 27 million—more than double the number of those who needed services in 2000.
- The demand for exceptional home care for seniors and adults with illnesses, disabilities, and injuries is going to continue for decades.
- Today, we have some of the longest-tenured and most successful franchisees in the industry, and, most importantly, our franchisees think highly of our brand.
- "Griswold Home Care is a big believer in the idea that if you do the right thing, then success will come. I apply this philosophy to my business, and we have been growing significantly every year since we started."—Director Christine Friedberg, Alexandria, VA
- We work alongside our franchise network to develop new initiatives, listen to their needs, and provide all the tools they need to grow their businesses.
- In 2017, we won American Association of Franchisees and Dealers Franchisor of the Year Award as nominated by our franchisees.
- Alongside that prestigious award, we also won their fair franchising seal based on the highest score they have ever received on a franchise agreement, being in compliance with their standards.
- That distinction speaks to how strong our relationship is with our franchisees and how passionate they are about our brand and the businesses they own.
Jean Griswold Foundation 501(c)3 Nonprofit
Giving back is at the heart of who we are and what we do. It starts with our foundation.
- Since its inception, the Jean Griswold Foundation’s mission has been to provide grants to select nonprofit organizations to build, strengthen, and sustain programs that enhance the quality of life for low-income seniors and adults with disabilities who choose to age in place.
- A portion of all Griswold Home Care office revenues goes back to senior-focused nonprofits in the communities we serve with grants given by the Jean Griswold Foundation.
- “We strive for a future in which all seniors and adults with disabilities with limited financial means will have the opportunity to live a full life and age with dignity in the comfort of their own homes.”
Why Is Griswold Home Care a Great Fit for Veterans?
- Griswold Home Care is a mission-driven company that is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others and giving back to the communities we serve.
- Veterans fit this description, which is why they are a great fit for our company.
- Griswold Home Care offers an 20% discount off the initial franchise fee to any honorably discharged US military veteran.
- Veterans make great owners because they have proven their ability to follow the systems, policies, procedures, and processes necessary to make any venture successful.
- They are also strategic in nature, tactical in approach, and disciplined to handle all situations. These are important qualities of a successful business owner.
- 15% of our current franchisees are veterans.
- Many on our support team, including CEO Matt Murphy, are US military veterans.
About Griswold Home Care
Our founder, Jean Griswold, was a care professional who became a visionary entrepreneur when she started the first non-medical home care franchise in the United States while running her own home care business.
Jean started at her dining room table in 1982 in suburban Philadelphia. Her husband, Minister and Doctor Lincoln Griswold, informed her that an elderly woman in their parish had died through the complications associated with malnutrition and dehydration because she had no support system to care for her. Jean was deeply saddened by what she felt was an easily preventable tragedy. She was driven to act.
From that beginning, Griswold Home Care now operates in 172 locations across 33 states, touching more than 100,000 families.
Jean passed away on January 28th, 2017 at the age of 86 from complications of her 40-year battle with multiple sclerosis. She was an inspirational woman and entrepreneur, and despite her passing, her values live on in Griswold Home Care today.
At the core, Jean’s values and our Griswoldness are based on one simple, overarching idea:
Dignity–The state or quality of being worthy of honor or respect.
Dignity encompasses every aspect of our company and embraces:
- The care recipient who seeks to maintain quality of life in their home with the aid of caregivers who help them retain the dignity of independent living in the place they love.
- The caregiver who has chosen a profession of compassionate care and is deserving of the dignity and recognition for their tireless and often selfless work.
- The Griswold franchisees, their employees, and the Home Office staff who have chosen to work in a special business of dignified purpose at the intersection of commerce and compassion.
“I looked at 10 brands before I looked at Griswold, and the difference became apparent as soon as I got on the phone with Griswold. Other brands would tell me how great the margins were, but when I got on the phone with Griswold they told me how important the care was. It was an entirely different tone—they were the only ones who said anything about care. They remembered that the end product was care to seniors, and we appreciated that and decided to franchise with them because of their integrity.” Director Scott Savel, Scottsdale, AZ for over 8 years
“The difference between us and our competition is our absolute refusal to give in to cutting corners when it comes to screening for caregivers, and our going above and beyond for the people we help. Other brands have a reputation for putting profits before people, and we are the exact opposite. You can make a great living, but it’s not the reason you’re in this business. You’re in this business to give people dignity in their last years, or sometimes their last days, and be a source of strength and comfort—not only to the client, but also to the families. This is why when people hear the Griswold name, they know they can trust it.”— Brian Rice, Painesville, OH for over 15 years
“This business has been the biggest blessing of my entire life. The truth is, no matter how big I’ve grown it, and we’ve done tremendously well, it will never be big enough—because there are so many people who need us. Every client and every story is meaningful, and it makes a deep impression on me. This business has given me so much more than I can ever return, and Jean Griswold is worthy of all the praise that we give her. When I met her, she was in a wheelchair, suffering from MS, and she entrusted this business to me. I try to live up to her every single day.”— Director Cathy Howard, Fairfield, CT for over 25 years
Military & Veteran Promotions
20 % Discount for Veterans
Press Releases & Awards
Training & Support
*Training and Support * Launch Support Process - Your dedicated launch support specialist will take you from signing to opening. * Home Care Academy - Two interactive and learner focused weeks: one in the classroom and on week in the field, providing you the tools and knowledge to operate every facet of your business. *Ongoing Support - Your dedicated relationship manager will be there to support you in the operations, marketing, compliance, sales, and finance components of the business. *Integrated Tools to Develop Your Business and Support Growth