MOOYAH - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes is an award-winning, fast-casual, “Better Burger” concept. Born in Plano, Texas, we’ve been on a mission since 2007 to deliver the best burger, fry, & shake experience EVER, create a great place for families to hang out together, and give back to the communities we serve - all while having FUN! Learn more now.
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts
|Minimum Cash Required||$250,000|
|Net Worth Required||$600,000|
|Total Investment||$402,750 – $564,400|
|Financing Assistance||3rd Party|
|Training & Support||Yes|
Available In These States:
Not Available In These States:
MOOYAH - Franchise Information
MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes is an award-winning, fast-casual, “Better Burger” concept. Our primary goal is to provide an exceptional experience for our guests that keeps them coming back for more! Born in Plano, Texas, we’ve been on a mission since 2007 to deliver the best burger, fry, & shake experience EVER, create a great place for families to hang out together, and give back to the communities we serve - all while having FUN!
We serve fresh, mouth-watering, 100% Certified Angus Beef® brand burgers, all-natural Jennie-O® turkey burgers, black bean veggie burgers, and all-beef hot dogs, in addition to our new lineup of “Lifestyle Burgers,” which speak to the needs of our guests who follow a Keto, Paleo, low-calorie, vegetarian, or gluten-free diet. MOOYAH’s non-GMO potato and multigrain buns are baked in-house daily and our guests can choose from five real kinds of cheese, bacon, avocado, and 20 different, free sauces and toppings that are made from garden-fresh veggies.
There are fries, and then there are FRIES! We hand-cut our fries from No. 1 Idaho potatoes in a 6-step process that literally takes 24 hours to complete! (You’ll know why when you taste them.) We ensure that each batch of MOOYAH fries is freshly prepared right when you order, so you’re getting them exactly the way they were meant to taste, every time.
Our signature shakes are made with 100% REAL ice cream and provide guests with the opportunity to choose from seven different flavors, including vanilla, Hershey’s chocolate, Reese’s, Oreo, and more. Our wide array of customizable choices and inviting, FUN, family-friendly atmosphere ensure that you always have a great time at the MOOYAH in your community!
MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes continues to find success in new markets across the country with like-minded Franchise Owners who are dedicated to delivering America a “Better Burger.”, We want to be the fun, come-as-you-are neighborhood hangout that brings people together all across the country.
WHY FRANCHISE OWNERS LOVE MOOYAH
- A Beautifully SIMPLE Model - Burgers. Fries. Shakes. That’s all we make. (Well, along with the occasional hot dog.) Our three-product core menu allows us to streamline our kitchen with build-out costs that are much lower than our competition, while still delivering a uniquely customizable experience to our guests. When you keep things simple, it’s easier to get it right.
- Serious MOO-LAH – Our Average Unit Volume is a strong $802,208. Our top 10% of Franchise Owners average $1,148,462. Cha-CHING!
- LOWER RISK / Higher Reward – The average investment costs for high-end burger concepts is around $1 million. For the last decade, we’ve focused on lowering this cost without restricting our ability to create beautiful, high-quality restaurants. Lower build-out costs mean faster ROIs.
- We GIVE BACK - We’re not just known for having the best burgers in town- our Franchise Owners also get to be involved with philanthropic opportunities within their community. For MOOYAH Franchise Owners, making a difference is just as important as making a buck.
DOES THIS DESCRIBE YOU?:
- Serious Hospitality Gene – You get pleasure out of helping people, whether it’s your employees, your guests, or your wider community. You are people-oriented and want to provide a welcome environment for all.
- Strong Business Acumen - You have a background in the corporate world or owning your own business which includes knowing how to manage a budget, maintain a P&L, and manage inventory and costs to maximize profitability.
- Leadership Skills – You know how to motivate, engage, and manage a team. This often comes from prior business experience, military training or athletic/coaching backgrounds
- Problem-Solver – You are nimble and you think quickly while on your feet and on the go. You find solutions to problems quickly and efficiently which ensures a highly satisfactory experience for everyone, no matter the size or scope of the problem.
- Passionate & FUN – You’re passionate about our products, our experience, your employees, your guests, and your community. You love burgers, fries & shakes, everything the brand stands for, and most importantly, you want to have fun in everything you do!
The Kullmans are not world-famous athletes traveling the globe basking in adulation, but they do get the kind of first-class treatment MOOYAH franchisees have come to expect. Family patriarch Jeff Kullman explained how one of his sons brought MOOYAH Burgers, Shakes & Fries to the family’s attention. “We were looking at different franchise concepts, and our oldest son read an article in a trade publication about MOOYAH,” he said. “One of the things that was important to him was model efficiency, and that’s what MOOYAH had.” That, coupled with the model’s simplicity and strong profit potential, has put the Kullmans on the path to success. Jeff went on to highlight how MOOYAH offers franchisees more than just a superior product to provide to customers. “They’re extremely supportive, from advertising and marketing strategies to helping with any operational challenges,” he said. “Most importantly, they’ll listen to you. The executive team has an open door policy – it’s not a challenge to get a hold of them or have them respond to your situation and needs. It’s what I would assess as a true partnership.” The Kullman Family,
Chuck and Denise Kerr are not award-winning movie megastars, but MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes has given them the kind of attention and support silver screen legends would be envious of. After deciding corporate America wasn’t for him, Chuck was looking for what’s next. After his wife called him to rave about the food at MOOYAH, he knew what was next. “MOOYAH has supported us on many different levels,” Chuck said. “If I have any issues, MOOYAH is on the phone, driving it up the channel and trying to get resolutions. They’re putting me in front of who I need to talk to if I need to talk to. They’re constantly trying to negotiate better quality products, from the food to everything else.” The brand has become a family affair for Chuck and Denise, with their two daughters working at their location. The store itself is expected to reach $2 million in sales during 2015 after being open for less than two years. Chuck & Denise Kerr,
Bailey McGuire and Frank Sciuto are not part of an internationally-acclaimed, Grammy award-winning hip hop duo, but MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes still treats them like superstars. It all started when Sciuto was doing some real estate work for the brand. “I was living in Chicago at the time doing marketing, and we had always bounced ideas off each other about starting our own business,” McGuire said. “He came to me with the opportunity. I quit my job in Chicago, moved back to Texas and we opened our first location.” The friends’ first MOOYAH was only the 12th location for the brand overall at the time, but from the beginning Bailey and Frank were able to concentrate on the bigger picture thanks to MOOYAH’s attention to detail. “I can trust them 100 percent to deliver the great food customers love, and I get to focus on other parts of my business, like marketing and getting involved with the community,” McGuire said. Frank Sciuto & Bailey McGuire,
Military & Veteran Promotions