Buddy's Home Furnishings - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
Buddy’s is one of the fastest growing lease-to-own companies in America. With families doing more at home on tighter budgets, Buddy’s business model is as essential as ever.
Buddy's Home Furnishings
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts for 2021
Available In These States:
Not Available In These States:
Buddy's Home Furnishings - Franchise Information
The Buddy's Story
In 1961, Buddy’s founder Norman Slatton decided to use his experience in sales at Sears, Roebuck and Co. to pioneer the lease-to-own business with a single aim: to make appliances in a retail setting more affordable.
Norman’s vision came to life that year with Buddy’s Bi-Rite in Tampa, FL, which grew into a chain of 43 furniture and appliance stores throughout Georgia and Florida in just 25 years.
Since then, Buddy’s has adopted the franchising model and grown its footprint to more than 300 stores throughout the U.S. and Guam. The brand also expanded its product line to include furniture, electronics and home accessories while offering a new program that allows consumers to attain ownership of these goods through affordable payments without the constraints of traditional credit or financing.
Throughout its growth, Buddy’s Home Furnishings has built its business one satisfied customer at a time. Buddy’s is in the people business because it believes there’s something to be said for relationships with customers that aren’t built on transactions, but rather, trust.
Why Franchise with Buddy’s?
Simply put, Buddy’s is better! With families doing more at home with tighter budgets, Buddy’s business model is as essential as ever. Here are some additional reasons to consider franchising with Buddy’s:
- Exclusive Territories Available - You control the marketplace.
- Multi-Unit Development Opportunities - The opportunity to secure a multi-unit development territory for your Buddy’s Home Furnishings stores will allow you to benefit from economies of scale.
- Recession Resistant - Based on industry research, since 2008 the industry is growing annually 2-3 times faster than it had leading up to the most recent downturn in the U.S. economy.
- In Business for Over 60 Years - Although we may be a new name to franchising we are veterans of the industry. Buddy’s Home Furnishings has been in business since 1961. Although the times have changed, our core business principles and philosophies remain the same.
- Cash Flow Business with Tremendous ROI Potential - Because we are in the leasing business, the benefits of depreciation are very attractive, and the typical store payback period is three years!
The Financial Requirements
To invest in a Buddy’s Home Furnishings franchise, candidates must have a minimum net worth of $750,000 and a minimum liquidity of $150,000. A background in franchising and multi-unit experience is desirable.