Our mission at The Tuckaway is to create an enjoyable and memorable experience and connect with people through our creative, quality-focused tavern and butchery food and our family style hospitality.
Tuckaway Tavern and Butchery is the perfect combination of a modern butcher shop and a New England style tavern both focused around fresh, quality, flavorful meats that are prepared in house. The Tuckaway Tavern and Butchery is the only establishment in New England that publicly displays their entire menu of fresh ingredients for everyone to see. Once guests see our amazing products in the Butchery, they often crave to have these dishes prepared for you next door in the Tavern.
The Butchery opened in March 2012 as a meat market specialty shop highlighting top-quality beef and homemade marinades, but quickly expanded to include much more. Today the Butchery features a wide variety of in-house crafted specialty foods, a vast array of locally crafted beers, plenty of wine, and a complete organic section featuring nuts, granola, fruit bars, chips, desserts, and more.
The Tavern opened a few months after the Butchery focusing on high quality and great customer service. With Chef Bobby Marcotte at the helm, the Tavern is the ideal stage to showcase the Butchery products. Featuring top-quality, fresh ingredients, Chef Marcotte has designed a menu that takes a creative spin on the foods you know while transporting them to the next level. Combining playful names and the best ingredients, we strive for the food at the Tavern to make every dining experience a memorable one.
When you join the Tuckaway team as a franchise owner, you will receive outstanding support in a number of different exciting areas:
- Site Development
- Marketing & Customer Development
- Training & Operational Support
- Purchasing Support
- Ongoing Product Development
- Training at The Tuckaway HQ in New Hampshire beginning approximately 6-8 weeks before the franchise is scheduled to open for business
- 2 weeks of training at your location to get your business started
- 2 sessions per year, which can be up to 2 days of refresher/update training or meetings in each session
- Ongoing support and guidance in building and operating your business
Qualifications recommended for potential franchise owners:
- Strong Sales and Client Service Abilities
- Good with Timing and Schedule Management
- High Personal Standards
- Able to Meet Initial Investment Requirements
- Strong Sense of Integrity in Corporate and Client Relationships
- A Willingness and Commitment to Excellent Service
- A Good-Humored, Open-Minded, Hardworking and Patient Individual
- Dedication to Building a Strong Community Support System Through Community Outreach and Charitable Donations
Targeted experiences for potential franchise owners may include:
- Strong Team of General Manager and Owner Operator Who are Able to Multi-Task and Facilitate the Symbiotic Relationship Between the Butchery and the Tavern (Reduce Waste, Enable Simultaneous Production, Creativity, and Profit Between the Two)
- Franchise Operations or Hospitality Service Industry
- Experience Business Owner and/or Managerial Experience
- Love for High-Quality, Fresh Food