Zoom Room - Dog Training Gym - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
We don't train dogs. We train the people who love them. Zoom Room is a venture-backed indoor dog training gym. Investment is quite low compared to other pet concepts. Learn more about the costs, benefits, and available locations today!
Zoom Room - Dog Training Gym
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts for 2021
Available In These States:
Zoom Room - Dog Training Gym - Franchise Information
Zoom Room is a venture-backed indoor dog training gym with an emphasis on socialization and the motto: "We don't train dogs. We train the people who love them." Strong appeal for millennials and well-educated active individuals, especially women. Key revenue streams: dog training classes, socialization events, and retail products. (TRAIN. SOCIALIZE. SHOP.)
Investment is quite low compared to other pet concepts. Requires a small footprint (3000 sq ft), minimal staff (2 people), and zoned absolutely anywhere. As clients accompany their dogs at all times, liability is extremely limited.
The model’s six-figure profitability is driven by passionate loyalty. Clients are retained for years with lifetime spending almost 100x the cost to acquire. Zoom Room boasts more 5-star ratings than any other dog training business and a willingness-to-recommend score that at the level of an Apple or Amazon.
Zoom Room works closely with animal rescue and other charitable organizations and quickly becomes the epicenter of the dog-loving community, and host to countless memorable and well-attended events for responsible dog owners and their pets.
Features of Zoom Room
- Venture capital backed – unmatched support for emerging brand
- Ultra low-cost investment – approx. $250K for a single unit, all in
- Highly profitable – every store profitable, median profit = $120K+
- Fast growing – pet industry is growing at 2x retail, and Zoom Room’s sales are growing at 4x the pet industry
- Recession - proof sector of the economy
- Prime territories available - concept proven throughout U.S.
- Excellent Validation - all units renewed
Ease of Operation
- No experience needed – anyone can operate a Zoom Room
- Fun & beloved with over 2,000 5-star ratings - more than any other dog training business, an NPS Score of 90, and a retention rate of 86%
- Strong appeal to millennials and active lifestyle, well educated people, especially women – together comprising the most highly-desirable demographics
- Small footprint (3000 sq ft) - zoned retail, locate anywhere
- Low payroll/minimal staff – only 2 people working at a time
- Virtual elimination of all liability issues – clients with their dogs at all times
- 24/7 Support - response time <1 hr.
- Full real estate support – includes demographic research, site selection & lease negotiations
- Extensive marketing - social media & PR support
- Sophisticated analytics - to assist with pricing and targeted marketing automation
- Highly-sophisticated tech stack – includes innovations you can’t find in vastly larger brands
- Positive community impact – become the epicenter of dog lovers in your town
- American pet spending has continued to rise every single year since 1994 – even during the 2007-2009 recession – reaching an estimated $72.13 billion in 2018 and now projected to hit almost $100 billion by the end of this decade.
- Pet owners have a higher degree of home ownership than the general population. 70% of dog owners say their spending on their dogs is unaffected by the economy, and an additional 11% report spending more on their dogs when the economic climate dips.
- In the past year, 80% of dog owners have shopped at smaller independent pet stores – more than have shopped at big box pet chains.
- In 2014, American Millennials spent $10.6 billion on their pets, over 15% of the approximately $60 billion spent on pets that year.
- Females make up 70% of the monetary decision-makers for pet products. (Women comprise 82% of Zoom Room clients; 91% of Zoom Room clients are college educated or higher.)
- 48% of Americans say they enjoy exercising with their dog, and 68% report that exercising with their dog is more fun that exercising alone.
Mark Van Wye, CEO, Over 30 yrs experience in brand-building and marketing, with an emphasis on education, for clients such as Microsoft, Nintendo, Disney, the Estate of Nat King Cole, and the Boys and Girls Clubs of America; expert at teaching non-teachers to teach. Author of Puppy Training in 7 Easy Steps: Everything You Need to Know to Raise the Perfect Dog.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the functions of the franchisee/daily tasks?
A: Assuming an owner/operator (as for semi-absentee, these tasks would be performed by a manager):
- Hiring, training, and inspiring staff
- Maintaining retail selection and merchandising
- Community networking, forming partnerships with veterinarians, groomers, daycares, rescue organization, shelters, as well as other area businesses
- Running group classes, fast-paced agility league competitions, puppy preschool, playgroups, and one-on-one training sessions
- Throwing ongoing social events for dog lovers in your community
- Taking part in PR opportunities
Q: What is the desired background of prospects and ideal candidates?
- Comfortable with an emerging brand
- Sufficiently well capitalized
- Team leadership & management skills
- Desire to succeed, have fun, and make a positive impact in the community
- Absolutely no prior pet-related experience needed
Zoom Room - Dog Training Gym Video
Training & Support
All onboarding, real estate, construction, sales, marketing and ongoing